NEC Group is committed to protecting your personal information.
The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation of what personal information NEC Group might collect from you when you use our websites (including our mobile websites and apps) or otherwise interact with us and how we will use and store that information.
It is important that you read this policy in full to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Most often this involves us collecting information from you when you use our websites and apps, purchase products or services from us, contact us over the phone or by email or sign up to any of our mailing lists. We use the information we collect from you to help us monitor and improve our websites, services and marketing for the benefit of you and our other customers. It also helps us to provide you with a more personalised experience.
NEC Group is The National Exhibition Centre Limited and our trading names the NEC, the ICC, the VOX, the Genting Arena, the Barclaycard Arena, The Ticket Factory, Amadeus, NEC Group International, Amplify, Eight Feet Tall and MemoryHaus.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The National Exhibition Centre Limited of The National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham B40 1NT.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you provide to us such as when you create an account, sign up to a mailing list, fill in forms on our websites, download an app, purchase services, get in touch with us by phone, email or otherwise, give us feedback or enter a competition or prize draw. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
INFORMATION WE MIGHT HOLD ABOUT YOU
Contact details - we will hold contact information you provide to us when you create an account, sign up to a mailing lists etc.
Payment and billing information - we will hold payment and billing information you provide to us when you make a purchase of any of our goods or services.
Information from your use of our websites, apps and Wi-Fi -when you use our websites, we will collect information from our web servers' logs, such as your IP address. We might also look at what site you came from, which of our websites you use and what you use our websites for. We use that information to analyse activity on our websites. If you use any of our apps or our Wi-Fi, we may collect your GPS location or your device's unique identifier. We might also collect details of what type of device or operating system you are using and we might look at how often you use the app or Wi-Fi and where you were when you downloaded or used it.
Email activity- we may collect information relating to how you respond to our emails and whether you open them and click the links.
- We may collect information about events you purchase tickets for, mailing or priority lists you sign up to, venues of ours that you visit and services we provide to you. We might add to this with information received from other companies or sources including demographic information, market research or other publicly available information. Combining this information with your interest and preferences enables us to provide you with a better service and more focused information. For example, if you buy tickets to a certain exhibition and lots of people who went to that exhibition also bought tickets for a different event taking place near you, we might send you information about that event.
Other online or offline dealings - we may collect details of your interactions with us via social media or at any of our box offices and correspondence via email or telephone.
HOW WE MIGHT YOU USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
To optimise your website viewing - ensuring that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, mobile or other device.
To provide you with products and services or support - carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. Providing you with the products and services that you request from us together with any other relevant information or assistance.
To provide you with a more personalised experience - looking at the information we hold about you and your interests to create a more tailored experience. We may do this by providing you with information about other products or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. For example, we may make event recommendations or tell you about relevant events in your area.
To improve our offering - monitoring and analysing the information we hold about you and our other customers in order to make informed decisions about our products, services, websites and advertising.
To administer our websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes, and as part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure.
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
To notify you about changes to our services.
To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our websites about products or services that may interest you or them.
We may also use your data, or permit carefully selected third parties to use your data if you have given us permission to do so, to provide you with information about products and services we feel may interest you and we or they may contact you about these.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. You can also opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email we send to you. Alternatively, you can contact us at any time and ask us not to contact you with marketing material.
HOW WE MIGHT DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with other NEC Group trading divisions and any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our websites.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The National Exhibition Centre Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Last updated: 22.04.15