You can call the NEC Group Press Office with a question at any time, but we thought it would be helpful to highlight some of our most frequently asked questions below.
How do I arrange press accreditation for events at NEC Group venues?
Accreditation for events hosted at NEC Group venues is managed by the show organisers or the PR agency supporting the show.
In most cases, the contact details can be found on the official website for each event but if you’re unsure you can contact the NEC Group PR and Communications team who will point you in the right direction.
Alternatively, if you would like to be included on a distribution list to receive regular updates of the latest events and PR contacts, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who do I contact if I want to film at one of the NEC Group’s venues?
Filming in unoccupied or public areas must be approved by the NEC Group PR and Communications team, who can be contacted by phone on 0121 767 3214 or via email at email@example.com
The NEC Group does not sign location agreements but confirmation of approval to film will be given in writing. Parties wishing to film on-site at any of the NEC Group venues should adhere to the following simple set of rules:
- You may only film/carry out related activities after you have received consent from the event organiser of that particular event, or a member of the NEC Group PR and Communications Team
- Any films, photographs or recordings you make on NEC Group sites may only be used for the purposes approved by the event organiser or a member of the NEC Group PR and Communications team
- You are responsible for ensuring all filming activities are carried out safely and in compliance with health and safety rules and regulations. In particular, you must ensure that cables and leads do not cause a trip hazard
- You and your team must comply with the site rules for the venue
- You and your team must comply with all instructions and directions which we, or our staff, give you. We may remove you and your team from our site without liability if you do not comply
- All property or equipment which you bring onto our sites is brought at your own risk. We do not accept responsibility for the safekeeping of your property or equipment and we shall not be responsible for any theft, loss or other damage to your property caused by third parties
- Either party may cancel filming for any reason without any liability to the other party
- You must leave all areas which you use clean and tidy. If you fail to do so we may charge you a reasonable fee for cleaning up after you.
How do I arrange press parking at NEC Group venues?
Arena Birmingham and International Convention Centre (ICC)
Press attending events at Arena Birmingham or ICC in Birmingham city centre are able to make use of the City Council operated secure multi-storey car park, which is located around Arena Birmingham. Free press parking passes may be issued at the discretion of the event organiser.
NEC and Genting Arena
The NEC Group PR and Communications team are able to issue a limited number of press parking permits to a core selection of media organisations. The permits offer free, secure parking within the public car parks at the NEC site, but proximity to the venue will depend on how busy the site is on that particular day and will be at the discretion of the NEC Traffic team.
The permits are distributed at the discretion of the PR and Communications team and are reviewed regularly.
Press attending an event at either venue and who do not currently have a parking permit should contact the organiser of the event they’re attending.
If you would like to be considered for a press parking permit at the NEC and/or Genting Arena then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org